Monday, January 7, 2008

15 minutes a day

I could write 15 minutes a day, right? I could bring in a disk and pop it into my computer at lunch and write for the first 15 minutes. The only probably with that is not matter if I put a "do not disturb" sign on my cube during lunch if someone comes by and sees me "working" on the computer they assume it's okay to interrupt me.

I guess I could stick around after work and write for 15 minutes before going home. That might work. Except for the fact that by the time it gets time to quit I can't wait to get out of that place.

So that leave 15 minutes when I get home from work. The problem is my eyes are so tired by the time I get home that I don't want to sit in front of a computer screen again for 5 minutes, let alone 15 minutes. Not to mention the fact that I recently timed how long it takes for my computer to completely boot up and start my virus ans spyware programs. It takes 7 minutes to do all of that. Plus the 15 minutes to write and another 7 minutes or more to completely log off and shut down and we're looking at a half an hour just to get 15 minutes of writing in day.

I will write more this year. I don't know if that will be 15 minutes a day or not. I just have to figure out how I'm going to fit it into my day.

No comments: